Since I’m new to this frequent blogging malarky I thought I’d do a quick ‘get to know me’ post using questions I found on google. This is just because I want this blog and my relationship with you guys more personal, rather than having no connection whatsoever!
So here goes…
- Full name: Shannon D Hancock (I keep my middle name personal and only tell close friends and family). Selfies included below – how vain of me!
- Birthday: 5th October 1996 – I’m 22.
- What’s your zodiac sign? I’m a Libra!
- Are you named after anyone? Yes, my middle name is my grandmothers name.
- Where are you from? I was born in Bath, England, and have lived around that area for my whole life.
- What do you study? I’m currently at Swansea University doing a postgraduate degree in Environmental Dynamics and Climate Change (I’m a massive climate change and weather nerd).
- Do you love animals? 10000000% yes. I’m a HUGE animal lover & have so much love for even the tiniest of little creatures.
- How tall are you? Around 5’2, maybe just slightly under. I’m around 158cm without shoes.
- Favourite colour? I literally have SO many… my favourite colour to wear is red (red/white/black or red/white/blue are my favourite colour combinations). I also love forest green, yellow, and nearly every pastel colour.
- Favourite band/artist? I genuinely don’t have one. It changes each day. I’m someone who listens to literally nearly every common genre of music, so it’s hard to pick just one band or artist.
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? Yes, I have two tattoos currently and a fair few piercings.
- What’s one thing you’d like to change about yourself? Physically – either my nose or height, I’d love to be taller, although I’m a firm believer of learning to love yourself how you are. Personality wise I wish I was more empathetic to people, I don’t tend to be able to let myself feel what others are feeling – don’t get me wrong, I’m very sympathetic and caring, I just struggle to put myself in the mind frame of others.
- Can you describe yourself in 3 words? Bubbly, Happy, Energetic.
- If you were an animal what would you be? I’d love to try and claim I’d be something cool, but I wouldn’t be. I’d 100% be a Jack Russell. I have way too much energy 24/7 and can survive on barely any sleep.
- Do you have any siblings? Yes, an older sister and two younger brothers.
- Do you have any pets? Yes! We have two family dogs, and my sister has two dogs at her house which I like to pretend are also mine. I have two Portugues Podengos at home, while my sister has a Collie and a Pomchi.
- Favourite smells? Vanilla, Coconut or Cherry.
- Favourite foundation? It used to be mac studiofix, but I struggle to justify the price knowing they test on animals. I currently use Maybelline studio fix – but I’m currently on the lookout for a good vegan foundation which isn’t too pricey!
- Favourite mascara? Kiko extra sculpt!
- How many countries have you visited? Only 7 I believe. I wish it were way more!
- 3 things that upset you? Animal cruelty, seeing my friends/family sad and people being nasty to each other – the world is hard enough to deal with without everyone being against each other!
- 3 things that make you happy? Dogs/animals, thunderstorms and food – lots of food.
- Tea or coffee? Tea, every day.
- What laptop do you use? A MacBook Air.
- Finally – How would you describe your fashion sense? Comfy and preppy. Or leisure wear if I’m being lazy.
Thanks for reading! I hope you found this at least slightly interesting.
Ps: Here are my dogs for those who don’t know what a Portuguese Podengo is!
Casper is the male and he has longer hair, while Emmy is a short haired female. They’re brother and sister and were rescued from Portugal!